Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Country living



I'm so grateful to be living in the country. This river is where my morning walk usually leads me to. Recently we had to say good bye to our family dog and my faithful walking partner Xena. She had been having problems with her back and hips for a few months so our walks had become few and far between. So I didn't get to see the river much this spring and my body is complaining about the lack of exercise it's been getting. Xena's been gone for a month now and I've been struggling with going for walks alone. I've only managed to get out a few time. But yesterday I brought my camera with me which I discoverd was a good diversion from the lonely walks without my partner.

Thanks you Xena for always being ready for a walk any time I was and for giving me that extra push with those eyes to get out there and stay fit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so sorry for your Lost, But I'm sure Xena's was with you on your walk. In spirt. Your picture is Beautiful.

~Linda

Lori said...

Awww, know it's difficult to lose a loyal companion such as Xena. Glad to hear you are persevering, though. It's cliche, but time really is the best healer....my sympathies....

Sheila said...

Oh my that photo brought a tear to my eye, Xena...such a sweetheart. I'll miss her little greetings and conversations when I go over.

Tammy E Southin said...

I have never seen a dog to wiggle into the smallest of spaces as Xena. Will have to have a rice cake in her memory.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...