Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Studio renovation update.

Well I know that this isn't much of an update but this is as far as we've gotten right now and I thought a few of you might be wondering how it's going. I'm still waiting for the lights before I move my table and most of my stuff up. I was having a hard time picturing how much room my table was going to take up so that's what the paper on the floor is. The pieces in the middle are actually one large table and the one at the side is a long one that I store things on that I can use there or that I use often. I wasn't sure how much room I would have on the left wall once I got the table and chairs in. I'd like some kind of shelves there but want to make sure it's still easy to get around when I have classes. Right now I have a table set up to play around with my display for Glamour in the Glebe this weekend.
I meant to take a picture and show you when I'm done but some how I just needed to blog now. So here it is not quite finished. I think I'm going to make a tall board to go on the empty easel. And I was trying to think of something to put on the mirror to soften it up. I was also thinking of making some kind of name banner for the front of the table but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen in time for this show. Oh well you can't have everything. Well what do you think? Any suggestions?

If you're in the Ottawa area this is going to be a fun show. It's at the Glebe Community Center. Friday night it's open from 6:30pm-9:30pm, admission is $6 and includes a fashion show. Saturday hours are from 10:00am-4pm with free admission. It's an all jewelry show, so come out with you girlfriends to see all the jewelry you can imagine in one place!


Wendy



1 comment:

Sheila said...

The room looks lovely Wendy, the floor is beautiful. Your set up is wonderful...it's so hard to get everything done isn't it. The banner is a great idea don't worry about not getting it done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...