Monday, March 26, 2012

More improvisation, day 6

Yes another day of not having the products for the Creative Chemistry class. As I watched the videos this morning I thought, oh well I have other stuff I should be working on any way. And then my brain clicked, yes I think I even heard it, as it so often does, only not as fast as I'd like it to and there was the answer. I may not have the Distress markers but I have a good selection of Tombow watercolour markers so why not use them and see if they'll do some of the same things. Tim did tell us to use what we have so that seems to be working for me so far. I don't use my water colour markers a lot so this is a good opportunity to get some more use out of them.
 I thought it would be interesting to try the different techniques with the same image to compare with after. The top one is the water colour with markers technique. It really doesn't take much to get a lot of colour with these markers. The two bottom butterflies are the stamp with markers technique. The one one the left is the first printing and the one of the right is the second printing but with water misted onto the stamp first. I think the stamping with markers is my favourite thing to do with markers, it's just so easy.
Here are the same techniques with a different image. You can see that the image makes all the difference. Some images just don't look that great as a really washed out water colour.

Well such was my experimenting for today. I'm pretty sure I have the supplies for tomorrow so I think it will be more fun for me.

Happy Creating!

Wendy

1 comment:

Karin said...

I think your examples are really wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...