Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Learning new things

I don't ever want to stop learning new things. I just love learning, whether it's at a workshop or on my own, it's very satisfying and motivating.

So what have I learned? Well last weekend I took a great metal smithing workshop with Shannon Kennedy of Cynosure at the Shenkman Art Centre. Although I've played around with metal for a few years I'd never taken a basic metal smithing course and sometimes found myself lacking in some of the basic techniques. So this course filled in a lot of gaps for me.

On the first day we made these two rings from copper and Sterling Silver.

The second day I made these earrings. My dragonfly's don't match too well so I may make them into necklaces instead. Or maybe I'll just keep them for myself as they are.

I continued on with the learning curve today by working in photoshop elements to make some new banners. As you can see above I did one for my blog. I also made another one for my Etsy shop. I think I'll probably be doing a little more fiddling with them but I'd love to hear what you think of them.

So what did you learn this week?


Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...