Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What do you think?

I've been trying out some new designs and would really like to know what you think. This is one of my new birdhouses. I saw out the shape from a sheet of copper and then use different shapes of hammers to get the texture. It then gets antiques, sanded and put in the tumbler to polish it. The rectangle charm dangling from it is done the same and then a heishi bead riveted to it.

So what do you think. Is the birdhouse too flat, should I rivet some flowers and vines on it or leave well enough alone?

Leave a comment to let me know or e-mail me.

9 comments:

Lori said...

I think the texture on the house is great. Love the shape of the house. I think it's wonderful as is, but a small vine with maybe one flower would be good too.

Carola Bartz said...

I like it the way it is. The copper looks great, and the texture is really beautiful. Perhaps you could put a flower on it - or a little bird?

paintnputter said...

This is great Wendy. Love the textures and embellishments. Hope I can see it in person soon.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

I love your metal work . i think your birdhouse is just perfect. I would event leave out the pendants at the bottom because the house is beautiful as is.

Jane Wetzel said...

this is awesome- happy to become a follower of your site! :)

Barbara said...

Love it as is!

Lynn Stevens said...

I LOVE it and think is perfect the way it is! Great job!

Candy C said...

Way cool birdhouses! Really love them!!!

Kerri Farley said...

I think this is AWESOME!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...