Saturday, August 6, 2016

New Challenge for August.

July's collage challenge taught me a few things, both about collage and about myself. I learned that is was great to concentrate on one thing for a whole month. It was a great way to learn more about collage art, something I hadn't done much of before. I learned that I have a hard time sticking to one thing for that long but that it is probably a very good thing for me to do more often. I also learned that it was great to share it on social media. It was a great way to get feedback and support to keep going. It was also inspiring to see the art of others that joined me in the challenge.

Day 1- BE
So for all those reasons and more I'm going to try it again this month. I think I'm going to make it a little bit easier this time though. Collage was something pretty new to me which made it more of a challenge. So I've chosen something that I've worked with quite a bit more and something I love to use in my creations. And that is STENCILS. 
Day 2- True/False


Stencils are such a big thing right now and I can't seem to get enough of them. Often I'm asked what can you do with stencils and I think the possibilities are endless. Once the idea came into my mind I couldn't stop thinking of different ways to try them.

Day 3- Life

I've decided to do the challenge on tags. The ones I'm using are a #8  6 1/4" x 3 1/8". This is a nice size to work with but I may go to a larger size once in a while if this becomes too restricting. My idea with these is to make them into a small sample library of stenciling ideas. I will make them into finished pieces but not too complicated for the most part. 
Day 4- YOU CAN


Day 5- Reality in Imagination
If you'd like to join me I'll be calling it the August Tag a Day Stencil challenge. You can post your creations on the face book group Dragonfly Dreamers Monthly Challenges. Please don't feel like you have to do the same as me to join in. If you want to use something other than tags go ahead, feel free. If you just want to do one once in a while, not every day that's fine too. It's just fun to join in how ever it works best for you.

Happy Creating!
Wendy




1 comment:

Deb Fortin said...

These are wonderful. I didn't join in the last month as I'm not much into collage . but i have stencils and I have a bunch of pre-cut tags leftover from another project I did in the past . I may not get to do it every day but I am going to try to at least participate once a week and get my muse reactivated. she's been on vacation for a while.
Looking forward to playing along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...