Monday, May 26, 2014

Leather Bound Book workshop

After promising a few of my students that I would have some fun colours for the Leather Bound book workshop, I was disappointed to find that my usual local leather source no longer had a good supply of scraps to chose from. So the Tin Man and I searched high and low for other sources of leather locally. The Tin Man had us searching second hand stores for previously loved leather clothes. After a few stores I found a few jackets and a pair of red pants that would work. I also had a few friends donate old jackets that they no longer used. Thanks you Lucie and Olive. And I found a wonderful local leather store Zelikovitz Leathers which had, along with other supplies, a great selection of scrap leather as well as some amazing larger pieces for good prices. So, from looking for a few small pieces for books I seem to have accumulated a good selection of leather and possible a new addiction interest in leather. My mind is a spinning with things to do with leather now. Of course teaching this great group of women yesterday just got the gears going more.
Ruth

Sharon

Cindy

Karen
My book started in class.
I even managed to work on a book while demoing in class and finished it this morning. Unfortunately I missed taking a picture of one students book. Sometimes things just get busy!

If you have any interesting things you like to do with leather please share(like I don't have enough ideas flouting around in my head).

Keep Creating!
Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...