Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ruffed Grouse visitor

This beautiful Ruffed Grouse was hanging around the trees beside our house for a few days. Oddly it didn't seem at all nervous about people being around and even walked right up to me as I was taking pictures of it. I felt like it was trying to tell me something. It seemed rather sad and lonely although didn't appear hurt at all. I must go out and see it's still there today.



This is why I live in the country. You never know what wonderful creatures your going to encounter on any given day.

Hope you're having a wonderful and peaceful Sunday like I am.

Take care.

2 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

You captured the Ruffed Grouse so beautifully - perfect light. I don't exactly live in the country, but we have lots of wildlife around our neighborhood and I love that. I can understand that you enjoy this.

Minxy said...

Well isn't he a beauty, I just love seeing who may visit next :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...