Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Banner necklaces.



This a new design I created. I first got the idea to make these little banner tabs by cutting, texturizing, stamping, antiquing and polishing some copper strips. I wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate them into a necklace right away but when I made the curl at the top it limited what I could hang it on so that made things a little easier. I chose this chain, which I have in both copper and brass, because it's one of my favourites and I don't get to use it a lot . It's on the fine side so it doesn't go with a lot of my other designs. Sometimes I use small amounts of it combined with other chain but I've never had a chance to let it stand on it's own. I think it works pretty well here. Once I slipped the tabs on the chain I immediately knew that I just wanted to keep it simple by adding a few beads and such. I'm happy with the end results, actually I think I may just have to keep the Dream one with the key for myself. LOL!

Next time I'm going to share some of my new resin designs with you.

See you soon!

1 comment:

FAQ said...

I love them, what wonderful texture! I think they remind me of leather-kind of western-but I am a Texas girl and I see that in a lot of things. Beautiful work!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...