Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New finds...

Look what the Tin man found me while we were in Oakville moving Christian. Most of the moving was done before we got there so we did some searching for a couch for his new place. On our way to the Thrift shop(Christian's favourite store) we stopped in at an Antique store. Even though we're in the same place the Tin man usually finds some interesting things that I miss. He found these key hole plates. I'm seeing some interesting mixed media on canvas with these. What do you think? Have you made any interesting things with key hole plates that you can share with me for inspiration?

I'm getting ready for Fibrefest this weekend. I've been trying out some new things to bring to the show. I hope to give you a sneak peek tomorrow. So I'm off to take some pictures.

2 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Great find! You could also pay wet paper over them to create a unique embossed design. Have a great time at Fibrefest! Wish we could go.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Sorry, I meant "lay" wet paper over the elements to create a neat embossed design. Silly me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...