Friday, September 17, 2010

Harvest time.



Okay after having said yesterday that fall is not my favourite time of year, today almost makes me want to change my mind. Yesterday was a wet dreary day but I did make it to a local produce market to pick up some fresh veggies. Today is wonderfully sunny and as you can see I've started my tomatoes stewing for the day. I didn't get many tomatoes from my own garden this year but luckily Rideau Pines had some left for stewing. I also picked up some fresh onions, potatoes, squash(for the Tin man), leeks, garlic, and ornamental gourds and pumpkins. Nothing like fresh local produce in the fall. That should keep us fed for a while.

Well after a busy domestic week I'm off to play in the studio for the afternoon. Who knows what will come of it today though. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Now those look absolutely wonderful...yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...