Monday, January 17, 2022

Time for an update.

 


Hello dear artsy friends.

 I can't believe I haven't posted here since last May. How are you doing? Are you keeping creative? Through all the uncertain times of the last few years I have tried to keep creating but I haven't been as good at keeping in touch through social media. No promises but I hope to make that better this year. I thought I would start here by sharing a few of my favourite things that I made last year.


Nature collages.
 These little collage works are on 4" x 4" wood gallery canvases.

I believe that I have finally discovered white space in my art. That makes it sound like it is something that needs to be there which it isn't. It was just something that I was becoming aware of seeing but not able to do. Sometimes with the best intentions of leaving some white space I would end up filling up the whole area with collage and colour. These little canvases are one of my favourite projects I have done while working on finding white space. With this discovery I have found a calmness both while creating them and in the finished pieces.


Summer Haze

I have found myself using softer colours in the last year. Sometimes it is the colours I choose or the addition of white gesso that creates this effect. This one is on a 10" x 10" wood gallery canvas. It has many layers of collage, paints and mark making on it.

Winter escape ornaments.

In November and December I found myself falling into a creative white hole. These dimensional ornaments on wood slices and wood snowflakes were a wonderful distracts at a busy time of year. 


So what have you been up to? Please share your creative endeavors in the comments. I'd love to see them.


Happy Creating!

Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...