Saturday, March 25, 2017

March ATC's, Mandalas

Have you ever made a Mandala? 
I think before this ATC trade I had but they were basic and I didn't really like the outcome. I have to admit when I found out that we were going to be doing Mandalas for one of our ATC trades I did a little research. 
The dictionary gave me this:
Oriental Art. a schematized representation of the cosmos, chieflycharacterized by a concentric configuration of geometric shapes, each of which contains an image of a deity  or an attribute of a deity.
And Wikipedia gave me this:
mandala (Sanskrit: मण्डल, lit, circle) is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the universe.[1] In common use, "mandala" has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a microcosm of the universe.
After watching a few how to videos I decided to start with a few lines to guide me while creating my Mandala instead of doing it freehand. I was quickly taken with it and did found I couldn't stop at just one.
It was so interest to see the variations or Mandalas in our group.

Louise


Lucie

Olive

Wendy
If you haven't tried making Mandalas before I highly recommend it. Since starting this I have made numerous ones of all sizes and colours. I think this is something I will continue to do for a long time. They are so fun and meditative to do.

Happy Creating.
Wendy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...