Saturday, September 3, 2016

September Challenge- Lettering

I'm kind of surprised that I'm starting a third month of challenges. It was not my intention when I started, to do more than a month of collages but it seems to have taken on a life of it's own. Each month I get to a point where I struggle to finish the challenge but then at some point I get an idea for the next months challenge and it motivates me to finish so I can start the next one. It's funny how things take on a life of their own and yet feels so right.
Day 1


So this months challenge is Lettering. It's going to be a busy month for me with 2 shows coming up and some fall workshop planning to do, so I wanted something that I thought would be easy to do. I've been reading Joanne Sharpe's book The Art of Whimsical Lettering and I guess it inspired me for this month. It doesn't have to be fancy or a finished product, it's just about playing around with letters and maybe making your own font or 2. 
Day 2

I'm going to be working in a small book I've made that's about 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" but you can work on or in whatever you like. I've chosen a 110 lb cover stock because I wanted something that can take a little ink, paint and/or water to do some backgrounds. 
As you can see from my first 2 days, I plan to have some simple days of just doing different letter styles and when I have time possibly a more finished product like day 1. Well it was the first page so I had to do something special on it!

If you'd like to join in and share your lettering, I will be posting again on the Dragonfly Dreamers Monthly Challenge group and would love to see your work too. 

Keep Creating!
Wendy

1 comment:

siyah kuğu said...

Çok güzel bir yazı olmuş
güzel gülücüklü bir gün dilerim. sevgiler
Siyah kuğu:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...