Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Word for 2015

.


  January is well underway now and I've finally finished my Word of the year journal page. After much thought I decided on 'Explore' for my word this year.
   When this word first came to mind I didn't question it until the Tinman started putting doubt into my mind that this should be my word. I then realized that what he thought the word meant for me wasn't at all what I was thinking about. To me it was about exploring new creative possibilities, giving myself time to play and create without always thinking about if this piece of jewelry will sell or can this canvas be a workshop. I felt that in the last year I had lost some of that creative freedom and with it some creative expression. So I plan to explore more creative techniques and do all those things I've been reading and dreaming about but not putting into action.
   To help me 'explore' this year I've challenged myself to learn more techniques and blog about them. At first I thought I'd do one a week to post and share it but I knew that, that probably wasn't going to happen. I'm just not that disciplined and it would be more pressure creating rather than freedom. So to not stress out too much about this personal challenge I've told myself I will do it when I can, as often as I can. I do plan to share them with you as I get them done and I hope you can join in the challenge with me.

Have you chosen a word for the year?

Keep Creating!
Wendy

1 comment:

Createology said...

I like your 2015 Word...Explore. This is the first year in many that I am not "having a word". Instead I am focusing on "doing" sort of like you say. My mantra last year became..."If Not NOW, When? and that really resonated with me. Love your page. Creative Explore Bliss...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...