Friday, September 28, 2012

White inspiration




 When I was asked to make a wedding card last week the first thing that came to mind was white. I've been toying with the idea of working with white for some time now. Not necessarily for a card but this was a great start to collect together my favourite white papers. As you can see, for me whites are more on the cream side. Like so much of what I do it's all about the texture. So many of the papers I pulled out have a lot of texture to them, some that you can feel and others that just appear to have texture.

 Hearts seemed a natural thing to use for a wedding. These heart were die cut from book text paper and then I added texture by embossing them. To make the embossing pop more of course I used my distress inks and applicator to swipe over the raised image and darken the edges.

This Celtic knot is one of my favourite stamps and I think it's appropriate for a wedding too. To add texture to these I used gold embossing power. I guess I didn't stay true to my white monochromatic idea but it's a start in that direction for some bigger project to come hopefully. I'm seeing a 6"x6" or 8"x8" cradle board canvas with grid squares, with lots of layers, buttons...oh where is my idea journal when I need it!

What's your favourit colours or themes for wedding projects?

Happy Creating!
Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...