Sunday, August 7, 2011

Piano Hinge Book

 I'm working on setting up some fall workshops in my home studio, so I found some time this week to make this piano hinge book for one of them. It's a really fun book to make and is a great conversational piece. I had a few at some of my shows last year and people are always fascinated with them. Once they sold I didn't find time to make more but hope to do so for this falls shows.
 I get a little carried away with the dangles, at least the Tin Man thinks so. What can I say, have beads must dangle!
 Here you can see why it's called a piano hinge book. It works best if two alternating colours are used for the signatures. I've used brown and beige card stock but black and white is very striking. It's then bound together with skewers. I like to leave the spikes on the skewers but they can be trimmed for a less lethal book.
It stands on it's own for a great display book and has lots of pages to use for art journaling, scrapbooking or what ever your heart desires.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I have never seen this before and absolutely love it! Great creatin' Wendy!

Debbie said...

Holey Moley! Never seen this technique before! Yes it would be a great conversation piece! Awesome project.

Susan said...

Love the piano hinge book. Great project. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Wow! Very effective! Love it!

Regina said...

Very unique and AWESOME!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love your book...looks gorgeous from cover to binding...super job!

Kim Dellow said...

You are right Wendy, about not understanding how people can do that to their own community, it's very sad.

Totally love your book, what a wonderful piece. Beautiful. Kimx

Unknown said...

this is so gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...