Friday, August 17, 2012

Studio jewelry display



I feel like I've fallen behind in my updates of the studio move but really it's more like I'm just behind in the actual moving of the studio. I am working on it and it's coming along slowly but surely. So I don't have too much to share of the whole studio so I thought I'd show you my jewelry display in the studio. It's not quit finished but then it probably never really will be. I do like to change and tweak things regularly. Check out my inspiration on my Pinterest board  here.

I've had this traveling suitcase for a few years and was never very pleased with how I displayed it in the house so into the studio it went. I wasn't sure I was going to use it for jewelry at first but I'm glad I did.

I made a few display boards to use both in my studio display and at shows. I use to use just black but have been trying some new ideas like dictionary paper, decorative scrapbook papers and old photo mats.
 This one is made with old dictionary pages. It got a bit tall but it works at shows when I have lots on the table and it can stand a little behind something else. I'm thinking of antiquing the edges.
 This board is made with some decorative scrapbooking pages. 
 Here is another decorative scrapbooking pages board. I didn't want to add too many colours to the display so I stuck with greens and blue greens. I'm thinking these might look good with a little antiquing around the edges as well.
I've had a box of these antique photo mats in my basement a while and never really knew what I was going to do with them. I've used a few in the show displays this year and it seems to work.

So that's my jewelry display in the studio so far. I'd love to hear what you think. Any suggestions are most welcome. Would you antique the edges of my boards? Any ideas for other things I can do with old photo mats?

Happy creating!

Wendy

4 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

It looks wonderful! I love how you have used the steamer trunk. Makes me wish I still had mine. If this corner is any indication, the rest of your space is going to be fabulous once you are done.

Createology said...

Your jewelry displays are unique and artistic and fabulous. They extend the draw to look closely at your jewelry pieces. Well done creative one...

Sheila said...

It looks great Wendy, I love that traveling trunk...it's very cool.

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy
I like your idea to antique the edges of your display stands, what did you have in mind? I do love your studio display, the steamer trunk is great, I'm quite jealous :)
Jeanette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...