Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dare to be...


   In the midst of relocating the studio and preparing for a couple of upcoming shows, life is a little overwhelming. I guess I'm torn between the two. I'm anxious to get on with moving the studio upstairs even though the lighting isn't done yet but I know I need to be disciplined  and prepare for shows. I know if I start to move my studio stuff it will suck me in and I may just lose too much time on it right now. You see I've decided while moving things it would be the opportune time to do some purging and organizing. And we all know that takes time and patience.
   So this morning, feeling particularly torn between the two and having a hard time getting started, I gave myself a little free time to do some journaling. I know that sound counter productive but sometime I just need to let it all go so it will all fall into place the way it's meant to be. The page above is the result of this mornings free time. I've started to use my journals for extra paints or just to throw stuff at when the need arises so I have a number of backgrounds waiting for that spare journaling moment. This was one of those pages, so it took about 20 minutes to finish it up and feel like I've accomplished something.
  To show you that I have been getting some jewelry ready for the show here are a couple of pieces I finished up recently.
 This bracelet started out as a leather cuff but had some technical difficulties so I decided to use some beads and chains to finish it off.
I got these resistors a while back from a friend but had no idea what I was going to do with them. When I was talking on the phone the other day to son #1 I was also going through my beading drawers to get some inspiration(I can't help but multitask) and these just sort of happened. I call them Steampunk resistors. It's funny how inspiration can hit when you're not really paying attention to it.

Well I'm off to get some more jewelry made now that I have procrastinated enough. I hope you're inspiration is working for you. What do you do when you just can't get going at what you're suppose to? Leave me a comment letting me know, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Wendy

2 comments:

Candy C said...

Love your background with the beautiful color and the use of stencils! I also really like your jewelry pieces! <3 Candy

Carolyn Dube said...

I think it was genius of you to let yourself process and relax with the art journal- that is how we creatives handle life! Your page is stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...